In case you haven’t heard about it, there are LTO Driver’s License Renewal Centers (DLRC) situated at malls. Meaning, if there’s a branch near you, you need not go to LTO main office and suffer in long lines, heat, (you name it), before you get your license. Yesterday, it only took me 45 minutes to get it. Perhaps, if I came in earlier, before the line built up, it would only take me 20-30 minutes.
So how do you go about it? Here’s a quick guide:
Don’t forget to bring your current license, and your money of course. PHP1000.00 is safe.
Step 1. Accomplish application form. You can get a copy at the assistance desk/window which is usually at Window 1.
TIP 1: To save time, you can accomplish the application form at home, so you can go straight to medical test at the medical center beside the DLRC. You may download the form here.
TIP 2: In case you’ll fill it up at the center, bring your own pen.
Step 2. Take the medical test. Pay the fee first (I paid PHP200.00 for this) and wait for your turn. The medical examiner will ask you to step on the weighing scale, read the Snellen Chart (for eye test). He/She shall fill up the rest of the slip, just provide the answers he/she’s asking for (e.g. height, age, civil status). In some centers, there’s urinalysis, so you’d better get your bladder ready. Drug test is no longer required. This is in accordance with the Republic Act No. 10586 or the Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013, which revokes the compulsory drug testing among driver’s license applicants.
TIP: If you have corrective eyeglasses, wear them on when you read the Snellen chart.
Step 3. Flash a smile for the cam. Give your medical result and O.R. to Window 1. Wait for your name to be called for the picture taking and signature signing. Remove your glasses if you have. For men who wear earrings, take them off.
Step 4. Money down. Wait for your turn to pay for your fee. The standard fee is PHP417.63. If your license has already expired, you have to add the cost of penalty.
1 day to 1 year – PHP75.00
1 yr. and 1 day to 2 years – PHP150.00
More than 2 years – PHP225.00
Step 5. Wait for releasing Your name will be called and you shall be issued your renewed license along with the official receipt. There are some instances when some centers will issue first the O.R. and you will have to go back on a certain date to claim your actual license.
There you have it! I got mine at the LTO-DLRC Robinson’s Place Fairview, 3F, Novaliches, Quezon City.
A friendly reminder: All renewal centers are subject to Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) or R.A. 9485, meaning they should observe “No Noon Break” policy, Anti-Fixer campaign, presence of special lanes for pregnant women, senior citizens, and persons with disability (PWD), no hidden cost, and wearing of readable nameplates/IDs for the frontline personnel, among others. If you observe any violations of this provision, report it to the Civil Service Commission through its Contact center ng Bayan Hotline, 1-6565, or text 0908-8816565, or file a complaint at contactcenterngbayan.gov.ph.
Here’s a complete list of Driver’s License Renewal Center at malls:
- DLRC – NE Pacific Mall, Maharlika Hi-way, Cabanatuan City
- DLRC SM Marilao, Bulacan
- OSS SM Mall City, San Fernando, Pampanga
- DLRC SM Clark, SM City Clark Field, Angeles City, Pampanga
- DLRC Sta. Rosa, 3rd Flr., Robinson’s Market, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
- DLRC SM Naga City, Brgy. Triangulo, Naga Cit
- DLRC Bacolod, Robinsons Place, Bacolod City
- DLRC Iloilo, Robinson’s Place, Iloilo City
- DLRC SM Cebu, SM North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
- DLRC Robinson’s Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
- DLRC ICM Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- DLRC Cagayan de Oro City, Limketkai Mall, Lapasan, Cagayan, De Oro City
- DLRC SM City, 2nd Flr., Quimpo Blvd., Davao City
- DLRC NCCC Mall of Tagum, Highway 55, Tagum City
- DLRC SM Manila 5th Flr. SM Manila
- DLRC Araneta, 3F Araneta Square Mall, Caloocan City
- DLRC Ayala MRT Station, Makati City
- DLRC Guadalupe Upper Level, Guadalupe Commercial Complex, Makati City
- DLRC Robinson’s Galeria, Level 1 East Lane Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- DLRC Tutuban, 2nd Flr Central Mall Bldg, Tutuban Center
- DLRC Metro East, Basement Robinson’s Metro East, Marikina
- DLRC Ever Gotesco, 2/F Gotesco Mall, Commonwealth Ave., Q.C.
- DLRC Robinson’s Place Fairview, 3F Robinson’s, Novaliches, Q.C.
- DLRC Metro Point, 3rd Flr., Metro Point Mall, Pasay City
- DLRC SM Super Center, Grd., Flr., SM Hypermart, Pasig City
- DLRC SM Megamall, G/F SM Megamall B, Mandaluyong City
- DLRC SM North Edsa, G/F SM North Edsa Annex, SM City
- DLRC SM Cubao, 3rd Flr., Farmer’s Mall, Cubao, Quezon City
- DLRC Alabang, Ayala Alabang Town Center, Muntilupa City